Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 01/01/2021.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING OR USING EDGE’S WEBSITE (THE “SITE”) OR OUR SERVICES, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ALL TERMS INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITYAS USER, CUSTOMER, OR PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMER TO READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING TO USE THIS SITE. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND AND DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE OUR SITE NOR SERVICES .
The present terms and conditions (this “Agreement” or “Terms“) is a binding legal agreement between you, on behalf of yourself, and if you are accessing the Site in the course and scope of your employment, on behalf of your employer, and EDGE Legal (US) LLC (and its related entities-EDGE Legal (West) LLC and EDGE Legal Strategies, PSC) (hereinafter, “EDGE“), a company duly organized and validly existing, located at 252 Ponce de León Avenue, 12th Floor, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918. This Agreement governs your use of the EDGE website (edgelegalpr.com) together with our Services available in the Site and annuls and voids all previous agreements.
The Site is operated by EDGE. Throughout the Site, the terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to EDGE. EDGE offers this Site, including all information, tools and services available from this Site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated herein.
By visiting and accessing our Site or using any of our services, you engage in our Services” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions, including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. You agree that all uses of the terms “you” and “your” apply directly to You and, if applicable, your employer, independent of your intent, purpose or status on the Site. If you do not wish to be bound by and comply with the terms of this Agreement, do not use this Site. This Agreement is in addition to the terms and conditions that apply to specific services offered by EDGE through the Site. If these Terms are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms.
These Terms apply to all users of the Site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/or contributors of content. In the event of an inconsistency between this Agreement and any additional terms or policies referenced herein, the provisions of the additional terms or policies shall control.
Any new features or tools which are added to the Site shall also be subject to the Terms. You can review the most current version of the Terms at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms by posting updates and/or changes to our Site. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of, or access to the Site following the posting of any changes constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
SECTION 1 – GENERAL TERMS
By agreeing to these Terms, you represent that you are of legal age in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given your express consent to allow any of your minor dependents to access and use this Site.
You agree to use our Site for lawful purposes only. You may not use, or allow others to use, our Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of our Site or our Services, violate any laws in your jurisdiction.
You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your account and the access to our Site and the use of the Services.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to take any of the following actions in our sole discretion at any time and for any reason without giving you any prior notice:
- Restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of our Site;
- Change, suspend or discontinue all or any part of our Services or Site;
- Refuse, move, or remove any content that is available on all or any part of our Site;
- Deactivate or delete your account;
- Establish general practices and limits concerning the use of our Site.
You agree that EDGE will not be liable to you or any third party for taking any of these actions.
You understand and agree that our Site may include communications such as service announcements and administrative or legal notices from us. Please note that you cannot opt out of receiving these notices.
You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Site, use of the Site, or access to the Site or any contact on the Site, without prior written consent from us.
You further agree and undertake not to modify, publish, transmit, reverse engineer, distribute, display, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content, in whole or in part, found on the Site in any matter whatsoever. The Site content is not for resale. Use of the Site does not entitle users to make any unauthorized use of any protected content, and you will not delete or alter any proprietary rights or attribution notices in any content. You will use protected content solely for your personal use and will make no other use of the content without the prior written consent of EDGE. You agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights in any protected content. We do not grant you any licenses, express or implied, to the intellectual property of EDGE or our licensors, except as expressly authorized by these Terms.
SECTION 2 – CREATING AN ACCOUNT
Once you create an account with us, you are registered on the EDGE Site. The terms “member,” “membership,” and “account” all refer to this registration as a member on EDGE’s Site. If you are merely surfing or browsing through the Site and have not yet created an account, your use of the Site is still subject to this Agreement; if you do not agree to this Agreement, do not use the Site.
When you create an account, you will provide a unique account username and email address. We will also ask you to create a password. Because any and all activities that occur under your username or password are your responsibility, it is important for you to keep your username and/or password secure. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account username and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. You acknowledge that EDGE is not responsible for third party access to your account resulting from theft or misappropriation of your username and password. You shall notify us immediately if you believe that someone has used your username, email address or password without your authorization.
Furthermore, you hereby acknowledge, understand and agree to:
- a) furnish factual, correct, current and complete information with regards to yourself as may be requested during the registration process, and
- b) maintain and promptly update your registration and profile information to always maintain accuracy and completeness.
If anyone knowingly provides any information of a false, untrue, inaccurate or incomplete nature, this shall constitute sufficient cause and grounds for us to suspend or terminate the account and membership of the member that breaches this term of the Agreement, and as such, we may refuse any and all current or future use of the Site and the Services, , or any portion thereof. EDGE will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from member’s failure to comply with this Section 2.
SECTION 3 – CONDUCT
As user or member of the Site, you herein acknowledge, understand and agree that all information, text, data, software, data, photographs, music, video, messages, tags or any other content, whether it is publicly or privately posted and/or transmitted, is the expressed sole responsibility of the individual from whom the content originated. In short, this means that you are solely responsible for any and all content posted, uploaded, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by way of the EDGE Site and Services, and as such, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. It is expressly understood that by accessing our Site and using our Services, you may be exposed to content including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content posted, and/or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by EDGE.
Furthermore, you herein agree NOT to make use of EDGE ‘s Site and Services for the purpose of:
- a) uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting, or otherwise making available any content that shall be deemed unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy or which is hateful, and/or racially, ethnically, or otherwiseobjectionable;
- b) causing harm tominorsin any manner whatsoever;
- c) impersonating any individual or entity, including, but not limited to, anyEDGEofficers, employees, forum leaders, guides or hosts or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting any affiliation with an individual or entity;
- d) forging captions, headings or titles or otherwise offering any content that you personally have no right to pursuant to any law nor having any contractual or fiduciary relationshipwith;
- e) uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise offering any such content that may infringe upon any patent, copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary or intellectual rights of any other party;
- f) uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise offering any content that you do not personally have any right to offer pursuant to any law or in accordance with any contractual or fiduciary relationship;
- g) uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting, or otherwise offering any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional flyers, “junk mail,” “spam,” or any other form of solicitation, except in any such areas that may have been designated for such purpose;
- h) uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting, or otherwise offering any source that may contain a software virus or other computer code, any files and/or programs which have been designed to interfere, destroy and/or limit the operation of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunication equipment;
- i) disrupting the normal flow of communication, or otherwise acting in any manner that would negatively affect other users’ ability to participate in any real timeinteractions;
- j) interfering with or disrupting any ofEDGE’s, servers and/or networks that may be connected or related to our Site, including, but not limited to, the use of any device software and/or routine to bypass the robot exclusionheaders;
- k) intentionally or unintentionally violating any local, state, federal, national or international law, including, but not limited to, rules, guidelines, and/or regulations decreed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, in addition to any rules of any nation or other securities exchange, that would include without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force oflaw;
- l) providing informational support or resources, concealing and/or disguising the character, location, and or source to any organization delegated by the United States government as a “foreign terrorist organization” in accordancetoSection 219 of the Immigration Nationality Act;
- m) “stalking” or with the intent to otherwise harass another individual; and/or
- n) collecting or storing of any personal data relating to any other member or user in connection with the prohibited conduct and/or activities which have been set forth in the aforementioned paragraphs.
EDGE herein reserves the right to pre-screen, refuse and/or delete any content currently available through our Site and Services. In addition, we reserve the right to remove and/or delete any such content that would violate the Terms or which would otherwise be considered offensive to other visitors, users and/or members.
EDGE herein reserves the right to access, preserve and/or disclose member account information and/or content if it is requested to do so by law or in good faith belief that any such action is deemed reasonably necessary for:
- a) compliance with any legalprocess;
- b) enforcement of theTerms;
- c) responding to any claim that therein contained content is in violation of the rights of any thirdparty;
- d) responding to requests for customer service; or
- e) protecting the rights, property or the personal safety ofEDGE, its visitors, users and members, including the general public.
EDGE herein reserves the right to include the use of security components that may permit digital information or material to be protected, and that such use of information and/or material is subject to usage guidelines and regulations established by EDGE or any other content providers supplying content services to EDGE . You are hereby prohibited from making any attempt to override or circumvent any of the embedded usage rules in our Site and Services. Furthermore, unauthorized reproduction, publication, distribution, or exhibition of any information or materials supplied through our Services, despite whether done so in whole or in part, is expressly prohibited.
SECTION 4 – GLOBAL USE; EXPORT/IMPORT COMPLIANCE
Due to the global nature of the internet, by using our Site and Services you hereby agree to comply with all local rules relating to online conduct and that which is considered acceptable content. Uploading, posting and/or transferring of software, technology and other technical data may be subject to the export and import laws of the United States and possibly other countries. Through the use of our network, you thus agree to comply with all applicable export and import laws, statutes and regulations, including, but not limited to, the Export Administration Regulations (http://www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/ear_data.html), as well as the sanctions control program of the United States (http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx). Furthermore, you state and pledge that you:
- a) are not on the list of prohibited individuals which may be identified on any government export exclusion report (http://www.bis.doc.gov/complianceandenforcement/liststocheck.htm) nor a member of any other government which may be part of an export-prohibited country identified in applicable export and import laws andregulations;
- b) agree not to transfer any software, technology or any other technical data through the use of our Site and Services to any export-prohibitedcountry;
- c) agree not to use our Site and Services for any military, nuclear, missile, chemical or biological weaponry end uses that would be a violation of the U.S. export laws; and
- d) agree not to post, transfer nor upload any software, technology or any other technical data which would be in violation of the U.S. or other applicable export and/or import laws.
SECTION 5 – SUBMITTED CONTENT
EDGE shall not lay claim to ownership of any content submitted by any visitor, member, or user, nor make such content available for inclusion on our Site. Therefore, you hereby grant and allow for EDGE the below listed worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licenses, as applicable:
- a) The content submitted or made available for inclusion on the publicly accessible areas ofEDGESite, the license provided to permit to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and/or publicly display said content on our Site and Services is for the sole purpose of providing and promoting the specific area to which this content was placed and/or made available for viewing. This license shall be available so long as you are a member of EDGE ‘s Site and shall terminate at such time when you elect to discontinue your membership.
- b) Photos, audio, video and/or graphics submitted or made available for inclusion on the publicly accessible areas ofEDGE’s Site, the license provided to permit to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and/or publicly display said content on our Site and Services are for the sole purpose of providing and promoting the specific area in which this content was placed and/or made available for viewing. This license shall be available so long as you are a member of EDGE’s Site and shall terminate at such time when you elect to discontinue your membership.
- c) For any other content submitted or made available for inclusion on the publicly accessible areas ofEDGE’s Site, the continuous, binding and completely sub-licensablelicense which is meant to permit to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and/or publicly display said content, whether in whole or in part, and the incorporation of any such content into other works in any arrangement or medium current used or later developed.
Those areas which may be deemed “publicly accessible” areas of EDGE ‘s Site are those such areas of our Site and Services which are meant to be available to the general public, and which would include message boards and groups that are openly available to both users and members. However, those areas which are not open to the public, and thus available to members only, would include our mail system and instant messaging.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO EDGE’S WEBSITE
EDGE may provide an area for our users and members to contribute feedback to our Site. When you submit ideas, documents, suggestions and/or proposals (“Contributions”) to our Site, you acknowledge and agree that:
- a) your Contributions do not contain any type of confidential or proprietaryinformation;
- b)EDGEshall not be liable or under any obligation to ensure or maintain confidentiality, expressed or implied, related to any Contributions;
- c)EDGEshall be entitled to make use of and/or disclose any such Contributions in any such manner as they may see fit;
- d) the contributor’s Contributions shall automatically become the sole property ofEDGE; and
- e)EDGEis under no obligation to either compensate or provide any form of reimbursement in any manner or nature.
SECTION 6 – INDEMNITY
All users and/or members agree to insure and hold EDGE Legal LLC, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, officers, partners and/or licensors harmless and not liable for any claim or demand, which may include, but is not limited to, reasonable attorney fees, made by any third party which may arise from any content a member or user of our Site may submit, post, modify, transmit or otherwise make available through our Services, the use of EDGE Services or your connection with these Services, your violations of the Terms of Service and/or your violation of any such rights of another person.
SECTION 7 – COMMERCIAL REUSE OF SERVICES
The member or user herein agrees not to replicate, duplicate, copy, trade, sell, resell nor exploit for any commercial reason any part, use of, or access to EDGE’s Site and Services.
SECTION 8 – MODIFICATIONS
EDGE reserves the right at any time it may deem fit, to modify, alter and or discontinue, whether temporarily or permanently, our Services, or any part thereof, with or without prior notice. In addition, EDGE shall not be held liable to you or to any third party for any such alteration, modification, suspension and/or discontinuance of our Services, or any part thereof.
SECTION 9 – TERMINATION
As a member of edgelegalpr.com, you may cancel or terminate your account, associated email address and/or access to our Services by submitting a cancellation or termination request thereto.
As a member, you agree that EDGE may, without any prior written notice, immediately suspend, terminate, discontinue and/or limit your account, any email address associated with your account, and access to any of our Services. The cause for such termination, discontinuance, suspension and/or limitation of access shall include, but is not limited to:
- a) any breach or violation of our Terms or any other incorporated agreement, regulation and/orguideline;
- b) by way of requests from law enforcement or any other governmentalagencies;
- c) the discontinuance, alteration and/or material modification to our Services, or any partthereof;
- d) unexpected technical or security issues and/orproblems;
- e) any extended periods ofinactivity;
- f) any engagement by you in any fraudulent or illegal activities; and/or
- g) the nonpayment of any associated fees that may be owed by you in connection with your account Services.
Furthermore, you herein agree that any and all terminations, suspensions, discontinuances, and or limitations of access for cause shall be made at EDGE’s sole discretion and that we shall not be liable to you or any other third party with regards to the termination of your account, associated email address and/or access to any of our Services.
The termination of your account with our Site shall include any and/or all the following:
- a) the removal of any access to all or part of our Services offered within theSite;
- b) the deletion of your password and any and all related information, files, and any such content that may be associated with or inside your account, or any part thereof; and
- c) the barring of any further use of all or part of our Services.
SECTION 10 – LINKS
Either EDGE or any third parties may provide links to other websites and/or resources. Thus, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and as such, we do not endorse nor are we responsible or liable for any content, products, advertising or any other materials, on or available from such third-party sites or resources. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that EDGE shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any such damage or loss which may be a result of, caused or allegedly to be caused by or in connection with the use of or the reliance on any such content, goods or services made available on or through any such site or resource.
SECTION 11 – PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You do hereby acknowledge and agree that EDGE’s Services and any essential software that may be used in connection with our Services (“Software”) shall contain proprietary and confidential material that is protected by applicable intellectual property rights and other laws. Furthermore, you herein acknowledge and agree that any content (“Content”) which may be contained in any advertisements or information presented by and through our Services, or by advertisers, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Therefore, except for that which is expressly permitted by applicable law or as authorized by EDGE, or such applicable licensor, you agree not to alter, modify, lease, rent, loan, sell, distribute, transmit, broadcast, publicly perform and/or create any plagiaristic works which are based on EDGE’s Services Content or Software), in whole or part.
EDGE hereby grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and/or license to make use of the object code or our Software on a single computer, as long as you do not, and shall not, allow any third party to duplicate, alter, modify, create or plagiarize work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise make an attempt to locate or discern any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in and/or otherwise transfer any such right in the Software. Furthermore, you do herein agree not to alter or change the Software in any manner, nature or form, and as such, not to use any modified versions of the Software, including and without limitation, for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to our Services. Lastly, you also agree not to access or attempt to access our Services through any means other than through the interface which is provided by EDGE for use in accessing our Services.
SECTION 12 – WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS
YOU HEREIN EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT:
- a)THE USE OF OUR SITE, SERVICES AND SOFTWARE ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR SERVICES AND SOFTWARE SHALL BE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND/OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. EDGE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- b)EDGE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, RELATED ENTITIES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO SUCH WARRANTIES THAT (i) OUR SITE, SERVICES OR SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) OUR SERVICES OR SOFTWARE SHALL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THAT SUCH RESULTS WHICH MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF OUR SITE, SERVICES OR SOFTWARE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, ANY INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL WHICH YOU MAY OBTAIN THROUGH OUR SERVICES OR SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (v) THAT ANY SUCH ERRORS CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE SHALL BE CORRECTED.
- c)ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED BY WAY OF OUR SITE, SERVICES OR SOFTWARE SHALL BE ACCESSED ON YOUR OWN AND SOLE DISCRETION AND SOLE RISK, AND AS SUCH YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER AND/OR INTERNET ACCESS, DOWNLOADING AND/OR DISPLAYING, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA THAT COULD RESULT FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR MATERIAL.
- d)NO ADVICE AND/OR INFORMATION, DESPITE WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM OUR SITE, OR BY WAY OF OUR SERVICES OR SOFTWARE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.
- e)A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF SOME USERS MAY EXPERIENCE SOME DEGREE OF EPILEPTIC SEIZURE WHEN EXPOSED TO CERTAIN LIGHT PATTERNS OR BACKGROUNDS THAT MAY BE CONTAINED ON A COMPUTER SCREEN OR WHILE USING THE SITE SERVICES. CERTAIN CONDITIONS MAY INDUCE A PREVIOUSLY UNKNOWN CONDITION OR UNDETECTED EPILEPTIC SYMPTOM IN USERS WHO HAVE SHOWN NO HISTORY OF ANY PRIOR SEIZURE OR EPILEPSY. SHOULD YOU, ANYONE YOU KNOW OR ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY HAVE AN EPILEPTIC CONDITION, PLEASE CONSULT A PHYSICIAN IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING SYMPTOMS WHILE USING THE SITE SERVICES: DIZZINESS, ALTERED VISION, EYE OR MUSCLE TWITCHES, LOSS OF AWARENESS, DISORIENTATION, ANY INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENT OR CONVULSIONS.
SECTION 13 – LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPLICITLY ACKNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT EDGE LEGAL LLC AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE RELATED TO THE LOSS OF ANY PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA AND/OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH POSSIBILITY THAT SAID DAMAGES MAY OCCUR, AND RESULT FROM:
- a)THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE OUR SERVICES;
- b)THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES;
- c)UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR THE ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS AND/OR DATA;
- d)STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE SERVICES;
- e)AND ANY OTHER MATTER WHICH MAY BE RELATED TO THE SITE SERVICES.
SECTION 14 – RELEASE
In the event you have a dispute, you agree to release EDGE Legal LLC (and its officers, directors, employees, agents, parent subsidiaries, affiliates, co-branders, partners and any other third parties) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected to such dispute.
SECTION 15 – NOTICE
EDGE Legal LLC may furnish you with notices, including those with regards to any changes to the Terms, including but not limited to email correspondence, regular mail, MMS or SMS, text messaging, postings on our Site, or other reasonable means currently known or any which may be herein after developed. Any such notices may not be received if you breach the Terms by accessing the Site or using the Services in an unauthorized manner. Your acceptance of this Agreement constitutes your agreement that you are deemed to have received any and all notices that would have been delivered had you accessed our Services in an authorized manner.
SECTION 16 – INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You herein acknowledge, understand and agree that all of the EDGE trademarks, copyright, trade name, service marks, and other EDGE logos and any brand features, and/or product and service names are trademarks and as such, are and shall remain the property of EDGE Legal LLC. You herein agree not to display and/or use in any manner the EDGE Legal LLC logo or marks without obtaining EDGE’s prior written consent.
EDGE will always respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask that all of our users do the same. With regards to appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, EDGE may disable and/or terminate the accounts of any user or member that breaches the Terms and/or infringes the rights of others. If you feel that your work has been duplicated in such a way that would constitute copyright infringement, or if you believe your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should provide to us the following information:
- a)The electronic or the physical signature of the individual that is authorized on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- b)A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you believe has been infringed upon;
- c)A description of the location of the Site which you allege has been infringing upon your work;
- d)Your physical address, telephone number, and email address;
- e)A statement, in which you state that the alleged and disputed use of your work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents or the law;
- f)And finally, a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the aforementioned information in your notice is truthful and accurate, and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner, representative or agent authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
EDGE’s agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be contacted as follows:
EDGE Legal LLC
Attn: Copyright Agent-Management
252 Ponce de León Avenue, 12th Floor
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918
SECTION 17 – ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and EDGE and shall govern the use of our Services, superseding any prior version of this Agreement with respect to EDGE Legal LLC . You may also be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or acquire certain other Services offered by EDGE Legal LLC, affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software.
SECTION 18 – CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM
It is at the mutual agreement of both you and EDGE with regard to the Agreement that the relationship between the parties shall be governed by the laws of Puerto Rico without regard to its conflict of law provisions and that any and all claims, causes of action and/or disputes, arising out of or relating to the Agreement, or the relationship between you and EDGE, shall be filed within the courts having jurisdiction within the County of San Juan, or the U.S. District Court located in Puerto Rico. You and EDGE Legal (US) LLC agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts as previously mentioned and agree to waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over the parties by such courts and to venue in such courts.
SECTION 19 – WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY OF TERMS
At any time, should EDGE Legal LLC fail to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms or this Agreement, such failure shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Agreement remain in full force and effect.
SECTION 20 – NO RIGHT OF SURVIVORSHIP NON-TRANSFERABILITY
You acknowledge, understand and agree that your membership and account are non-transferable and any rights to your username, password and/or contents within your account shall terminate upon your death. Upon receipt of a copy of a death certificate, your account may be terminated, and all contents therein permanently deleted.
SECTION 21 – STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS
You acknowledge, understand and agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or action arising out of or related to the use of our Site Services or the Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after said claim or cause of action arose or shall be forever barred.
SECTION 22 – VIOLATIONS
Please report any and all violations of this Agreement to EDGE as follows:
EDGE Legal LLC
252 Ponce de León Avenue, 12th Floor
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00918
SECTION 23 – GOVERNMENT REQUESTS
SECTION 24 – FOREIGN ACCESS OF SITE
The Site is controlled, operated and administered by EDGE, from our offices in Puerto Rico, within the United States of America (USA). If you access the Site from a location outside the USA, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. You agree that you will not use EDGE’s Content accessed through the Site Services in any country or in any manner prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions or regulations.
SECTION 25 – ERRORS, INACCURACIES AND OMISSIONS
Occasionally there may be information on our Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information on the Site or on any related site is inaccurate at any time without prior notice.
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information on the Site or on any related site, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied on the Site or on any related site, should be taken to indicate that all information on the Site or on any related site has been modified or updated.
SECTION 26 – IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE
Any federal tax advice contained on this website, or any information or service provided through this website, is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used, by any Person for the purpose of (i) avoiding any penalty that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another Person any transaction or matter addressed.