January 1, 2021
At EDGE Legal LLC (“EDGE” or “the Firm”), we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy & Data Policy (PDP) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide us, will be processed by us. We comply with all relevant data protection laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate. This policy does not cover information collected by companies or individuals not under EDGE’s control. We recommend reviewing the privacy policies of other websites you visit to understand how they collect, use, and share information.
This policy applies to all personal data processed by EDGE, including data relating to clients, employees, suppliers, and other third parties.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
EDGE adheres to the principles relating to the processing of personal data set out in applicable federal statutes and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which require Personal Data to be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner (Lawfulness, Fairness, and Transparency).
- Collected only for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes (Purpose Limitation).
- Adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are Processed (Data Minimization).
- Accurate and where necessary kept up to date (Accuracy).
- Not kept in a form that allows identification of Data Subjects for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data are Processed (Storage Limitation).
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the Personal Data (Integrity and Confidentiality).
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
EDGE only processes personal data where we have a lawful basis for doing so, such as:
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party.
EDGE has implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of Processing.
- EDGE uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and our site use by providing simple and secure access and communication of information.
- When submitting sensitive information transmitted online (e.g., credit card information), EDGE uses encryption to protect your information both online and offline.
- If employees need certain information to perform a specific task (e.g., billing, accounting, or customer service) they will be granted access to personally identifiable information.
- We store identifiable information in secure computers and servers to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
INFORMATION EDGE COLLECT
EDGE may collect and use personal information to operate our site and provide services. This information may also be used to inform you about other available products and services, as well as for surveys and research related to your opinions on current or potential services.
EDGE may collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race, and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service. EDGE does not nor will sell, rent, or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties. We collect your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services requested.
- To fulfill our legitimate interest in improving our services and products.
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so.
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research when we have your consent to do so.
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences.
Clients, suppliers, and other third parties have the responsibility to voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information to us. Failure to provide such information may result in EDGE reserves the right to deny user registration and withhold products or services.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
EDGE may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered.
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way that your identity cannot reasonably be determined.
- As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant.
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential.
- As necessary to enforce the Terms of Service.
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of EDGE.
EDGE greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in our products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our site, newspapers, CRM, or other public means to post a notice.
Our website does not target or intentionally gather personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we discover that such information has been unintentionally collected from anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we will promptly delete the information from our database or obtain verifiable parental consent for its use and storage. Individuals under the age of thirteen (13) must obtain permission from a parent or guardian to use this website.
UNSUBSCRIBE OR OPT-OUT
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
NOTICE TO EUROPEAN UNION USERS
STORAGE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The data EDGE collects from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based on the following criteria:
- The length of time your personal information remains relevant.
- The length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations.
- Any limitation periods within which claims might be made.
- Any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies, or associations.
DATA BREACH NOTIFICATION
In the event of a data breach, we will notify the relevant supervisory authority and any affected individuals in accordance with our legal obligations.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
EDGE may transfer personal data to countries other than the country in which the data was originally collected to provide our services. When we transfer personal data to other countries, we will protect the data as described in this policy and comply with applicable legal requirements for transferring personal data to other countries.
RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
Data subjects have the following rights under data protection law:
- The right to access their personal data.
- The right to rectify their personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request the deletion or removal of their personal data.
- The right to restrict the processing of their personal data.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object to the processing of their personal data.
We welcome any queries, comments, or requests you may have regarding this policy. Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy considers the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) for health data, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) for financial data, and the various state laws relating to insurance data. By using our site, you are hereby accepting the terms and conditions stipulated within the PDP Policy. If you are not in agreement with our terms and conditions, then you should refrain from further use of our site.